Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Linda's New Tutle is...

Linda has chosen the name Captain Jack for her new turtle. That name is of course influenced by our favorite pirate Captain Jack Sparrow.

Since Jean-Luc Picard was the first to suggest the name Jack, he's the winner of the Name Linda's New Turtle Contest. That's fitting, because of course Jean-Luc is a Captain. It also calls to mind Captain Picard's recent Timeship Terrapin post. Congratulations Jean-Luc Picard and thanks to all who contributed ideas! I'll be posting a Fibonacci Poem for The Captain as soon as I come up with one!

By the way, if you haven't yet seen Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest, do yourself a favor and go see it! It was fantastic! I laughed. I cried. I was surprised at least twice! And once again, I can't wait for the sequel!


I had hoped to post a new photo of little Captain Jack for this announcement, but he refuses to come out of the underbrush. So, that answers one of Paperback Writer's questions. Captain Jack is a decidedly shy turtle. Maybe once he's got settled in a bit he'll pose for the paparazzi.

3 comments:

Paperback Writer said...

Ah! I knew he would be a shy turtle!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Wow! That's great to know. Thanks so much, Osquer!

SBS said...

FANTASTIC NAME!!! And, a pretty AWESOME picture of the namesake, if I do say so....