Wednesday, May 24, 2006

haiku:


Even now I see

tomato and herb seedlings

as future salsa.


www.oneword.com (one word – so little time) [hook]

[osquer42]
Ahh! Captain Hook! I don't know what it is, but I always seem to fall for the villain in the story. Captain Hook was an early crush. Of course, (fictional) pirates are always sexy. Flashing blades, flashing earrings, red velvet coats, frills. I can't imagine real pirates being anything like as tidy. May 24, 2006 08:28 AM (11:28 EST)

* * * * * * *

It’s amazing how one story can be such an influence. I was only the third person to post on www.oneword.com today, and we all wrote about Captain Hook. Granted he is one of the most recognizable characters in literature, but for us all to think of him instead of fishing or boxing or buttons or any other things associated with hooks is something I find remarkable. It will be interesting to see at the end of the day how many others were so influenced.

No comments: