Thursday, October 12, 2006

OneWord - so little time [supercilious]

I could tell by the supercilious arrangement of her features that she thought very little of me. She looked as though she had just encountered something unidentifiable that had been at the back of the fridge for far too long. I merely smiled sweetly and offered her a friendly handshake just as our dates rejoined us. I let my own expression shift to smug when I realized that while I had come to the event with a slightly scruffy looking but fascinating artist, she was attending with a perfectly groomed accountant.

* * * * * * *

Thanks, Trouble, for obliging me with such good word!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great One Word...(s)he who laughs last,laughs the hardest:-)Great Post

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A tough word to write about.

Pat Paulk said...

And the synonym for that would be "superass"!!