Monday, October 16, 2006

OneWord - so little time [kindred]

In my winding journey through life I have encountered a number of kindred spirits. Some hovered in and out of my life like flame attracted moths and finally disappeared into the shadows of distance and time. Some are still with me like a comforting stone in my shoe. Their thoughts ride along with me on my journey and subtly remind me at times that they have never left me. Those friends might not see their stony status as a compliment, but with enough colorful pebbles, one can create a beautiful mosaic. My friends form the mural of my life.

* * * * * * *

Excellent word, EDW! Writing this brought so many faces to mind, some of which I may never see again but will always remain etched in my memory.

4 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Kindred is a super word!

Anonymous said...

Osquer,great One Word.You are more then a friendship stone...you are a rock!..And you Rock!

polona said...

well done, osquer!

Osquer said...

Yeah, I like that one, Captain.

Thanks, Sam. You are always so flattering.

Thank you, Polona.