Friday, October 27, 2006

55 Fiction Friday


The birth certificate slid from Lady Jessica’s nerveless fingers. The initials J.L.B. had been her own. All this time she’d never guessed. Jessica Lenore Barton, daughter of the Duke of Grafton, straightened her shoulders, picked up her birth certificate and the key bearing her initials and finally turned her back on the name of Iris.

[FIRST] [PREVIOUS] (to be continued...)


* * * * * *

I must beg the pardons in advance of my U.K. readers. I am about to take all sorts of liberties with the Dukedom of Grafton. This is an ongoing work of fiction and all of characters are things of my own invention. They have nothing whatever to do with the real gentry of Grafton nor anywhere else for that matter. ;-p

6 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

You're doing a great job with this work, Osquer.

Anonymous said...

mmmm royal blood...very interesting...

Paperback Writer said...

Oh, no! The death of "Iris!" :) Seriously, I love this. Keep going. I'm working on Janey and Ruby currently. ;)

Osquer said...

Thank you, Captain!

Not royal, Sam. *Curtsey's modestly.* Merely titled. Still, there might be a royal or two in the story...maybe.

Osquer said...

Fret not, PW! It's more of a rebirth. I'll be over to see what my hero Ruby is up to!

Paperback Writer said...

;)