Saturday, June 03, 2006

Say, "Hello," Pendragon!



This is Pendragon, aka Little Evil, aka Scruffy Chicken. Yes. I know he looks like a feather duster, but he's actually a Senegal Parrot. I've managed to cure him of his feather plucking, but he may never attain his former glory. I love him anyway. He refuses to talk although I'm sure he could if he wanted to. I've heard him say "hello" and "step up" when he thinks I'm asleep or if I'm in another room and he wants me to come back, but he won't do it on request. The closest I can get is "low." He does sound effects, though. His favorite is the garbage truck backing up (beep beep beep beep). He does a cough, a sneeze and a zipper being pulled. It took me quite a while to figure out that one. I thought he was kissing. Then one day I zipped a bag shut and heard it echo in his corner. He also does the back door alarm from a house that we no longer live in. He used to imitate an Indian ring-necked parakeet named "Miss Oliver," but I haven't heard that one in a long time. He's just about got the first four notes of Beethoven's 5th down. Sometimes he forgets the first one. And then there's his R2-D2 impression.

Oh, and I forgot to say that he also laughs. He can tell when people are talking about something funny (must be the tone of voice) and often laughs at just the right moment.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

What a cutie! How did you cure the feather plucking??

Osquer said...

Moved us both into a better environment (long story) and gave him as many ways to occupy himself that I could think of. In other words, toys toys toys! As long as he has other things to destroy he leaves his feathers alone.

Michelle said...

LOL...I would love to see/hear the R2-D2 impression!

Osquer said...

I may have to put on Star Wars for him today! ;-)

Paperback Writer said...

He's a cutie!