Thursday, February 22, 2007

OneWord - so little time [time]

"Well, it's about time!" he grumbled throwing his chalk down on the desk.

"I know it's about time," I whined back, tossing the disputed book next to his chalk, "But what am I supposed to be learning from it? All these abstract theories do me no good."

"Fine. You want a practical approach?" He opened the locked side door to his study and revealed something that was completely unexpected, but totally familiar to me.

"I can't believe it!" I gasped. "You actually built H.G. Wells' time machine!" I didn't even doubt that it worked. He never would have shown it to me if it didn't.

* * * * * * *

Thanks, Dad, that's a good word for me today. I was playing with a haiku idea which goes along with the theme of time. So, I'll finish it and post if for you in a bit.

No comments: