Wednesday, October 11, 2006

OneWord - so little time [soup]

I tried to be organized and efficient, but my thoughts were as thick as pea soup. I dragged myself around the house gathering up my things for work, made some tea and finally trudged out the door. It wasn't until the caffeine kicked in much later that I was able to transform myself into the office goddess that my co-workers recognize so well.

* * * * * * *

Can you tell, Paperback Writer, that work hasn't exactly been my favorite place this week?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Osquer,Great used of the word,'soup'.I enjoy your One Word contest...You have made that site totally irrelevant.

Pat Paulk said...

I think I've had some "pea soup" thoughts of late. Love it!!

Paperback Writer said...

...mmmmm....soup.....

I have to stop giving you food related words. But I can't help it! You always post it during my lunchtime!

Today I had a soup and sandwich from Panera's. A lovely roasted red pepper soup and a chicken panini (sp?). Lovely. I washed it down with their homemade lemonade.

And now, I'm soaking in the fact that I'm not forced to go to Harrisburg for work and that I am actually alone in the office.

Yipee!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

'pea soup thoughts' is a great phrase!

Trouble said...

Gosh, work has SUCKED here, too, lately. And this is the first day I've worked in the office all week.

Osquer said...

It does have potential, Captain.

I hope you don't mind me using it, Pat.

Trouble, work suckage ebbs and flows. Hmmm there might be a haiku in that...