Thursday, September 21, 2006

What the...?

Please don't ask me to explain the following photos because I can't. All I know is, there I was at a red light in the West End Circle when I turned my head and saw this guy:


That's right. He's wearing a wetsuit and carrying a set of fins.


He had no gear that I could see and apparently no vehicle. I can tell you he was walking in the direction away from the river. For those not familiar with Pittsburgh, the West End Circle is an intersection at the end of the West End Bridge which crosses the Ohio River just downstream from Pittsburgh. However, this location is not particularly close to the water. He didn't look wet to me. His gait was steady and unhurried. He seemed perfectly aware of traffic. I have no idea what he was doing there.


(Click on photos to enlarge.)

5 comments:

Osquer said...

Who knows, but why was he WALKING away from the West End Bridge alone? Why no vehicle and no posessions other than the fins?

Michelle said...

You never know what you will find at the West End Circle!

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Interesting. Perhaps he is a fish out of water?

Paperback Writer said...

You know what the say about us...

Beware the Pittsburgher. ;)

Osquer said...

Thanks for the correction, Lefty. I will go edit that now. ;-D