Saturday, September 23, 2006

OneWord - so little time [year]

"Gosh," I mumbled bitterly to myself, "It seems like I've been doing this for a year!" the back and forth motion of my hands with the scrub brush had become a bit hypnotic. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and looked back over my shoulder to see how far I'd come. Half of the room lay behind me. Did that mean the room was half filthy or half clean?

* * * * * * *

Thanks, Paperback Writer! Now this one isn't a true story. I've done little today except the prep work for tonight's dinner - quiche. Mmmmm cheddar and bacon! Oh, well, back to the kitchen, I have onions to saute.

2 comments:

Paperback Writer said...

Mmm....quiche!

*ahem*

The year was only minutes old and already I was in trouble. It was 12:03 am and my parents just discovered I was up and watching the big shiny ball drop.

As I cowered under the covers, I thought this is how I die in the new year!

But instead, they kissed me gently and told me to go to sleep. Tomorrow is another day and a new year was ahead of me.

Osquer said...

Reminds me of sneaking to the living room to sit on the floor right in front of the TV to watch Dave Allen on PBS after bedtime. (Yeah, I was such a rebel!)