Monday, September 04, 2006

OneWord - so little time [mourning]

When I saw the movie Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, I found myself mourning the loss of The Black Pearl more than the death of any character, even Captain Jack Sparrow. Perhaps it was because of what the ship symbolized to Jack, freedom. Perhaps it was because I knew Johnny Depp was already cast in another sequel; so Captain Jack had to return some how, and I knew he would mourn the Black Pearl.

* * * * * * *

So, Rob, can you tell I'm watching "The Curse of the Black Pearl" on DVD as I type this?

4 comments:

Osquer said...

Yeah, wow. It's a terrible shame about the mayor. Hope you're doing okay.

bslawg said...

I'm right with you Osquer. Of course you said it better.

Still...2 hours of Johnny Depps eyes isn't all bad.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

All things are possible; as Jack will get brought back, so might the Black Pearl

Osquer said...

Law Girl: Oh, those eyes! When he says, "Hello, Beastie!" I just melt!

Captain: Thanks for the encouragement. It's not like I'm all upset about a fictional ship now, but it was a very powerful moment in the movie for me.