Tuesday, September 05, 2006

OneWord - So Little Time [magick]

(Photo - Phipps Conservatory, Pittsburgh, PA - September 3, 2006)

Was it magick or a trick of the light that made the little purple flowers into a veritable flock of tiny pixies? It might just have been my imagination, but then imagination is the perfect venue for faerie folk! Whatever the case, when I looked at the photo later, they had all transformed back into flowers again leaving me with no proof of their existance, only my belief in their mysterious ways.

* * * * * * *

Thanks, Sara for a fabulous word! It went really well with this photo that I took on Sunday. Phipps Conservatory is always a magickal place!

(click on photo to enlarge)

4 comments:

floots said...

nice one
are the flowers something rare and exotic
(you made them so anyway) :)
thank you

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Great picture that fitted the words you wrote.

Osquer said...

Gee, Floots, I'm not sure what they are. I didn't think to check their tag. If I find out, I'll let you know.

Thanks, Captain, but actually it's the other way around. I was thinking of that picture when Sara posted the word Magick. I looked at it as a good excuse to write about it. I'll be posting a different photo of the same flowers with Sara's haiku later. (Must dash - no time to post it now.) I really should find out what they are. They are so pretty!

Osquer said...

Oh yes, Rob, now is a very good time to go! They're having a Mythical Beasts theme. Check it out here:

http://www.phipps.conservatory.org/mbeasts.htm

I'll be posting more photos from my recent visit.