Thursday, September 07, 2006

OneWord - so little time [bower]

Picture by: Jay


For so long I had sheltered in the bower of my melancholy, certain that was my lot in life. The green leaves of my heart were olive drab and the buds of my creativity refused to open. When I finally realized that it was only my own shadows that blocked the sunlight, a revelation of color and shape opened to me. Now I see chartreuse and emerald among the blossoms that wink at me from behind every stray thought.

* * * * * * *

Ah, I knew I could count on you for a romantic word, Jay m'love!

Photo by: Osquer - Phipps Conservatory Sept. 3, 2006

(Click on photos to enlarge.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I knew I could count on my incredible Osquer to use that romantic word in a wonderful way.

Thank you for brightening up the afternoon!

Jay

get zapped said...

What a lovely garden image. Thanks for sharing this. Btw, I just love your blog quote!

Osquer said...

Jay darling: what can I say, you bring out the wonder in me!

getzapped: Thank you. Phipps is a magical place and I really love that particular room! That quote is something that I've really tried to take to heart.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A very passionate message there, with a great pic.