Tuesday, August 29, 2006

OneWord - so little time [twilight]

I lay still and silent, my mind in twilight, my body in shadow. All the better to see the lights that were flashing both around and in me. The lightning bugs could not quite compete with the shifting, dancing ideas that teased and taunted me. If only I could capture them all and put them in a jar where I could see them properly...

* * * * * * *

This word was surprisingly hard, Sam, because it flooded my mind with so many images I couldn't sort them out. So I wrote about trying to sort them out.

4 comments:

What If There Is dog? said...

[Osquer,great One word...WoW!]
It was twilight.I had been travelling.The gas tank was on empty.Black Sabbath was blaring out something about going insane.There appearred an exit.Ah,to Lodi.I pulled in front of the 'Shell' station,except the 'S' was out."Hmmm,I thought,"This should be interesting."

Paperback Writer said...

The spent the twilight of the day just wandering around the house. I watched the dust settle on the the things I had so cherished just a few moments ago. Everything was still in chaos. People were still crying and mourning their loss. I watched them for a moment detached and sad for them.

"Let's go," Ray said quietly at my side. "They'll be fine without you, Love."

'Kenna said...

In the dim twilight of morning, I saw your seemingly angry red face across the sky, and then the sun rose, the colors faded to the beaceful blue of the ocean and I went on about my business, thinking of you.

Osquer said...

I can't thank you all enough for playing along! This is fun!