Monday, August 28, 2006

OneWord - so little time [barnacle]

"I swear I've been waiting here so long I'm growing barnacles on my arse!" I complained bitterly. "It happens to the best of us," the receptionist replied absently. "Don't worry. Poseidon is only about three eons behind in his appointments. He'll be with you shortly." I found a magazine in the waiting room that was only 900 years old and resigned myself to wait.

* * * * * * *

Hey, thanks Kenna! That's a great word, especially since I just saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest again this weekend! I have a feeling your haiku prize might have a buccaneer theme to it!

1 comment:

Paperback Writer said...

I stared at the side of the boat with so many barncles attached to it. This was my punishment: to scrap them off. The truth was though, I enjoyed the physical labor of it. It took my mind off the more erudite aspects of my daily life and forced me to focus on the trivial details that I so often overlooked.