Friday, August 25, 2006

OneWord - one word, so little time [heat]

"Okay, baby, gimme some heat!" called out the catcher as the pitcher rubbed the ball against his hip. One signal. The pitcher shook his head. Two signals. The pitcher shook his head. Three signals. The pitcher let a wicked grin crawl across his face, nodded and threw him a curve.

* * * * * * *

Thanks again, Paperback Writer! I may not be able to post your haiku until tomorrow. I will be out and about this afternoon, so I'll owe you one until I get online again. Hey, you know I'm good for it!

Blogger is being really odd today. I know someone else attempted to post a word and it didn't appear in the comments (yet). Sorry if you tried to win the contest and Blogger thwarted you. :-(

1 comment:

Paperback Writer said...

The heat of the alcohol hit my face before I could help it. Loki laughed at me and took my flushed face in his hands. "Oooo!! So, warm!" He said and kissed me.

I pouted at him. "I can't help it if I'm a lightweight drinker!"

"No, but I love you just the same," he said.