Saturday, August 19, 2006

One Word - So Little Time [grok]

"I grok you better than you think," he said as he raised the glass of sparkling water to my lips. I had not realized how dry my mouth had become, the thirst not merely physical. My own anxiety had turned my tongue into a desolate wasteland where my questions evaporated before I could pose them. Now they came flooding back faster than my voice could carry them. He merely nodded and gestured for me to finish my drink. Answers could wait. There was all the time in the world.

* * * * * * *

Cool, LeftUnsaid27! I love Stranger in a Strange Land!

2 comments:

Osquer said...

Thanks, Jon!

No fear, LeftUnsaid27, I'm good with obscure!

Osquer said...

p.s. I changed illustrations because I just couldn't resist floating my garnish in my water glass and photographing it.