Thursday, June 29, 2006

One Word - So Little Time [peppermint]

I watched the black and white cat rolling in the peppermint in my garden. He didn't seem to know that although it was related to catnip, the mint would not give him the same effect. Oh, well, he seems relaxed enough and at least he'll smell nice! If people can drink non-alcoholic beer, the kitty can roll in my peppermint.

* * * * * * *

Since www.oneword.com still has not updated, today I used the runner-up word from yesterday's contest. Thanks Bea!

The cat in this drabble used to roll in my friend's mint. It got to the point where she had to put some fencing over it to keep him out. It wasn't even her cat! The same cat came up to my car when I parked in front of her house once. When I opened the door, the cat jumped into my car! I had to open all the doors and the hatch back to get him out! Cute little guy, but if he were my cat I would name him Sticky Booger because he was just that hard to get rid of!

7 comments:

Sam Spade said...

My Mom makes sweet tea complete with frest peppermint....Aaah,the taste of summer

Osquer said...

Mmmmm I love fresh mint in my tea. I didn't plant any mint in the herb garden because I already hava a patch trying to take over one of my flower beds.

Bea said...

awww cute cat lol rolling in the mint! Thanks Osquer : ) I have a peppermint plant (in a pot otherwise it takes over the area), I like to add leaves to my sun tea.

Sam Spade said...

Good weed...man;_)

Paperback Writer said...

At my very first apartment there was a little patch of dirt with tons of spearamint. My roommate and I cut some down and tried to make spearmint tea of it.

Didn't work...

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Mint is lovely, so fresh.

Osquer said...

O Captain! My Captain! I know you like your Earl Gray hot, but it's delightful iced with a sprig of mint!