Sunday, June 18, 2006

I repotted my monster aloe plant today.


I also transferred this group to a larger planter.


Mom picked up this delightful little container garden. It came with one roma tomato plant as well as parsley, sage, rosemary (alas no thyme) :-( dill, basil, and oregano. I think it would be great for someone with limited space to garden. It could live quite well on a deck or in a really sunny apartment. It came with a tiny tomato cage which I replaced with a larger one.


And look! Of all the tomato plants in my care, this one has the first tomatoes! Way to go, little roma!

10 comments:

Osquer said...

I've decided to name it Cloepatra after Morticia Addams' pet plant!

Bea said...

Now that is ONE big aloe plant!!!!! Nice 'maters!!

Osquer said...

Actually it's one big one and one baby one. Now, what shall we name the baby?

Osquer said...

I should have taken a before picture. You should have seen how rediculous it looked in a pot half that size!

Osquer said...

*giggle* How about something like Gouda because this is cheesey and good cheese comes from happy cows?

I was thinking of calling it Smidgen (Smidge for short - after my Aunt Midge) because it's only a little bit of the parent plant.

Bea said...

Oh go for Gouda!!! lol

Sam Spade said...

could use the aloe on my sunburned knees

Osquer said...

Sam, I could Fed-Ex you some. LOL!

Osquer said...

The baby aloe's name is now Goudasmidge!

Osquer said...

*giggle* I'll have to make little garden signs and stick them in the pot! Then when I need a laugh I just have to look at Cleopatra & Goudasmidge! LOL!