Monday, June 12, 2006

Sonnet I

For you, dear, I would attempt a sonnet,

iambic pentameter to seduce.

So long since my heart’s had thoughts writ on it;

No one has more vivid ink than you use.

You rustle the branches that shelter me

with ideas that soothe and unsettle.

Though you style yourself jester, I can see

this knight is made of much stronger metal.

Though distance and circumstances part us

the connection between us grows stronger.

Though society crumbles around us

and I trust reality no longer…

tonight I shall sleep, a smile on my face,

wrapped in the comfort of our dream’s embrace.


(for Samual Spade)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What glory you bestow upon me,yet,it is your glory,not my own.Beautiful words

bslawg said...

Awww. You had me at Haiku.

Osquer said...

Sam: Inspiration is as inspiration does! ;)

Bea: Way to play with words you clever thing! I am inordinately proud of this poem because it is my very first finished sonnet, hence the title. We will see if there's more where that came from.