Mr. C says:
20:20 hrs
Today did not go as planned...
Fair Damsel had done everything required for her hospital visit and despite a difficult night we arrived well in advance of her appointment which was arranged for 08:00 hrs.
The first hiccup was the revelation that she would not be released until mid-afternoon. I was told to go home and wait for the call to collect her. I saw no point in making two long journeys, so elected to wait in the car. It was a long wait.
Then, came Fair Damsel's phone call. The procedure had been halted due to an adverse reaction to the anaesthetic. Talk about gutted! All her preparation counted for nothing. I joined her whilst she waited to be discharged and once everything was sorted, with her procedure to be rescheduled within two months using a different anaesthetic, we made our way to the exit. To save her a long walk, I left her inside whilst I went for the car.
Then came disaster. It had been raining nonstop and, as I retrieved her bags from the boot to save her having to do it, I slipped and went full length on the rough carpark surface. My right shin struck a high kerb and within seconds blood was soaking through my trouser leg.
To cut a long story short, I endured over two hours in casualty most of which was spent waiting to be seen despite the blood clearly trickling down onto my trainer which I stemmed with paper towels from the toilet. I was x-rayed for some reason before being returned to the waiting area.
Following another interminable wait, a nurse led me to a treatment room, cleaned the wound and covered it with a pad before departing. I waited... and waited... and waited.
Finally, I pressed the call button and when another nurse arrived I explained, with the aid of Google translate, that I was concerned about Fair Damsel who was waiting in the car and needed to get home after her stressful day. Luckily, a doctor looked in and overheard the conversation. She took charge and ten minutes later I left with five stitches.
The least I could do was treat Fair Damsel to a tasty fryup.
All's well in our world, Sunbeams.
😊☄️🌻🌞


No comments:
Post a Comment