Friday, July 31, 2026



Update on us:


19:15 hrs.


Mr. C and I had several errands to run this afternoon. Fortunately the high temperature today was only 79°F/26°C.


We started at Le Noz where Mr. C was on a quest for slippers amd sponges. He found neither but, after some delay due to several customers with complications and only one cashier, he came away with 5 tins of Spam.


Our next stop was the pharmacy where acquiring our medications went smoothly.


I'd been having some difficulty using my bank card online and accessing the website; so, we popped into the branch in La Guerche where a kind young woman helped me sort it all out. I gave her a crocheted good luck dolly as a thank you.


We finished off our outing at Internarche where I was able to find Mr. C a new pair of slippers and some sponges that can be washed in the washing machine and are supposed to last for a year. 


We also got a head of locally grown lettuce as all the bagged salads appear to have been pulled from the coolers. Gee, I wonder why. 🤔


I kept seeing a couple about our age with a young girl around the store; so, when they happened to be beside us in line, I decided that she must need a crocheted gift. Of course I got approval from the grownups before presenting her with a sparkly eyed owl. She was delighted and thanked me several times. The cashier also got an owl. She was new but doing a great job.


We gathered up our necessities and treats and made our way home (Isn't home a wonderful word?) for a nice cup of tea and a snack.


Yes, I have access to a plethora of exotic French cheeses, but sometimes simplicity is just what is needed.


All's well in our world, Sunbeams. 🌞❤️🌻


No comments: