Monday, December 12, 2022

#AtFirstKiss 💋 Vol. 97


#AtFirstKiss 💋 Vol. 97


He leaned over her hospital bed.


She grabbed him by the collar. "Idiot! Why didn't you run? You could've been killed!"


"Me? The bullet that was intended for my brain wound up in your leg!"


She pulled him down into a savagely desperate kiss banishing the ghostly regrets of what nearly hadn't been.


"I don't think that's how you do CPR," said a voice from the doorway.


"Mind your own business. He's doing just fine."


"Just fine?" he pouted.


"Let us say 'Exceeds expectations.'" Her morphine laced smile was as wicked as ever.


"Was I wrong," he begged, "to tell you like that? I thought they were going to be my last words. Was I wrong?"


"Oh God no! What a horrible thought: that you should die never having told me you love me? That's a recipe for a haunting right there!"


© Osquer Campbell 2022 🌞❤️🌻


#kiss #microfiction #FlashFiction

No comments: